What Is WordPress?
WordPress is a content management system (CMS) that lets you create and host websites. A WordPress website can be customized to fit your business, blog, portfolio, or online store using a plugin architecture and template system.
Comparison of WordPress.org vs. WordPress.com
It is the web hosting company that makes the difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com.
Through a third-party provider, you host your own website or blog on WordPress.org. Furthermore, you must download WordPress software, buy a domain name from a third-party site, and manage your server. The experience is much more hands-on than with WordPress.com.
WordPress.com will host your website. It also doesn't require you to download any software or manage a server. You will see the following URL if you choose WordPress.com: www.mywebsite.wordpress.com.
However, you can also buy a custom domain from a third-party provider and upgrade your WordPress.com account (meaning your URL will look like this: www.mywebsite.com).
We've compiled 15 WordPress tips and tricks to help you make your website as impactful and user-friendly as possible. Please Go through the tips before starting your WordPress Course.
1. Use a WordPress theme that matches your business and website content to build a great user experience.
2. WordPress files should be named with dashes, not underscores. Underlines are considered joiners by Google, which means your file will resemble one big word. SEO will not receive help from that.
You can highlight the individual words with dashes. (For instance, use example.com/this_is_an_example, not example.com/this_is_an_example).
3. You can access WordPress' online support if you have any questions or concerns. On their website, there is a list of forums and ways to reach out to WordPress experts.
4. Use Image Alt Text to your advantage. Your search engine optimization and Google rankings can be improved by using image alt text.
5. Keep an organized sidebar. Make sure you focus on what your website visitors and buyer personas really need quick and easy access to.
6. You should regularly back up your website, so if you ever lose access or meet technical difficulties, you can fully restore your content. Backing up your WordPress content is easy using plugins like Snapshot Pro.
7. Learn how to perfect your website to boost conversions by understanding the basics of SEO.
8. Design a custom homepage. Default homepages are provided by WordPress. Make sure you choose a theme that suits your business - this is the first impression your visitor gets of your business, blog, or portfolio.
9. Check your website's performance and find out what your visitors like and don't like. The performance of your website can be improved with WordPress plugins and Google Analytics software.
10. You can show your visitors that you're a trustworthy business or person by including an "About Us" page. The "About Us" page is the second most-visited page on a website (after the homepage) - so it's imperative that you introduce yourself.
11. If you want to ensure that no hackers get access to your site, make sure it is secure. Additionally, there are plenty of WordPress plugins that can help you with security, such as WP Defender.
12. Customize permalinks. The permanent URLs you intend to keep static for the near future are referred to as permalinks. Your WordPress website SEO benefits from them as well as user experience.
13. Make your site easy to use for your visitors by adding a custom navigation bar (as we discussed earlier).
14. Use excerpts in your blog posts to prevent people from seeing the entire piece at once when they land on your blog page. You can list all your blogs in one place if you only include excerpts on your blog page. The visitor can then read excerpts and click through to read the posts they are most interested in.
15. Build your website in a way that makes sense for your business, visitors, and buyer personas. Use posts for bloggers and pages for business owners.
Why you should use WordPress in 2022
1. WordPress is Free as in Freedom
The WordPress software is free. The software is free to download, install, use, and modify. You can create any type of website with it. Check out our article for more information.
To install WordPress, you will need a domain name and web hosting.
Domains are the addresses of websites on the internet. You users type this into the address bar of their browsers to access your website (for example, wpbeginner.com).
All the files for your website are stored on your web hosting server.
We recommend Bluehost for web hosting and domain registration. They are one of the world's largest hosting companies and an officially recommended WordPress hosting company.
2. It's Easy to Use WordPress
WordPress is quite easy to use for beginners despite being the most powerful and flexible platform.
It includes a simple dashboard with a sidebar listing different menu options. Posts and pages can be easily created, your website design can be customized, navigation menus can be added, and more.For absolute beginners, WordPress makes it easy to maintain their own websites without any technical hiccups.
Updates are the first step. With a single click, you can install WordPress core updates. The same is true for plugins and themes that release their own updates.
3. WordPress Can Be Completely Customized
Most WordPress users are neither web designers nor programmers. In fact, most of the people who use WordPress have no prior experience designing websites.
WordPress is a great solution for non-technical users because there are thousands of free website templates (themes) available. Whether it's a blog, business site, or online store, there is a perfect WordPress theme for every type of website.
Most WordPress themes are customizable because they come with their own options panel, which allows you to change colors, upload your logo, change the background, create lovely sliders, and really customize it to meet your needs without writing a line of code.
4. Search Engine Optimization Is Easy With WordPress
If a website gets no traffic or visitors, it won't be a success.
Thankfully, WordPress is built to maximize search engine traffic.
It uses semantic markup and high-quality code. It means that Google and other search engines love WordPress.
As a result, WordPress sites tend to rank higher in search engines.
5. WordPress Is Secure and Safe
Security for WordPress
It is extremely safe and secure to run a website on WordPress, which is designed with security in mind.
In spite of that, you can still do a lot to protect your website from hackers, malware, and other threats. We have a guide for beginners with step-by-step instructions on WordPress security.