Learn Internet and Cyber Safety: How to Stay Safe Online
During the year, social distancing compulsions, a huge smartphone base, and reliable internet supercharged e-commerce acceptance beyond metros, deep into smaller cities and towns, bringing an element of "trust in online commerce."
Smartphones, Kindle, Laptops, Tabs became so famous and very important tools of business, education, transactions. The Internet is an inevitable part of our life. The new normal of working and learning from home also fueled demand for consumer electronic products.
E-Commerce security is the guideline that ensures safe transactions through the internet. It consists of protocols that safeguard people who engage in online selling and buying goods and services. You need to gain your customers’ trust by putting in place eCommerce security basics. Such basics include:
During the first two phases of the lockdown, e-commerce companies were allowed to sell only essential items like grocery, healthcare, and pharmaceutical products. In the following phases (starting May 4), the restrictions were gradually lifted.
But these digital platforms undertook a series of measures, including hiring thousands of delivery staff to meet the surge in orders.
The outbreak necessitated the use of new technology tools and non-contact formats to cater to unprecedented demand. Analysts said these shifts in consumer shopping traits are here to stay, post-pandemic.
Most of us rely heavily on the internet to enjoy social media, online education, met online, remote work, and all sorts of entertainment. But widespread use doesn’t equal widespread understanding.
Online meetings & Collaborations, Online networking will lead to jobs BUT THERE IS AN UNPLEASANT SIDE TO THIS AS WELL. E-Commerce security is essential if you are to make it in this industry. Are you aware that cyber-criminals target mostly eCommerce businesses? These cyber attackers can destroy our digital life as well as physical life by doing cybercrimes.
Ecommerce sites will always be a hot target for cyberattacks. For would-be thieves, they are treasure troves of personal and financial data. And for businesses of all sizes, the cost of a breach both in loss of data and in customer trust can be hugely damaging for businesses of all sizes.
Ecommerce business owners are all too aware of these issues and are increasing their security measures. The news only shows us the tip of the iceberg, cybercrimes are a much bigger problem than most people imagine.
Cybercrime has the potential to ruin even industries and sectors which seem to have maximum security. Several people and brands get their reputations damaged due to cyber mischief or online controversies.
HOW TO AVOID CYBER PROBLEMS AT YOUR WORKPLACE?
This course will help your business to keep safe from financial, Legal, and Reputational Damages. It will help us keep our company safe from cybercrimes. Turning employees into smart netizens.
Through cybersecurity awareness training, users are brought up to speed on an organization's IT security procedures, policies, and best practices. These education modules not only help to ensure staff is aware of these principles but that they also follow and understand them.
Even though Covid 19 is mentioned in this introduction, internet safety and cyber safety and security were critical before the epidemic and will continue to be so after the pandemic.
Takeaways of the training:
We must understand the following to become responsible cyber professionals
● Different types of cyber crimes
● Cyber hygiene
● Cyber security posture
● Rules and regulations of the cyber world
The training will focus on Some important Cyber security tips as follows:
● While using a business WhatsApp account keep 2 different nos.
keep separate no. for WhatsApp business account
● social media: 2 step-authentication should be enabled
● observe the authenticity of websites which you are browsing
● get aware of the internet and learn about cyber safety course
● games and online shopping: check safety and settings
● Be Aware while using free wifi: confidential information should not be shared on free wifi, no corporate meeting should be done, financial transactions should be avoided
● Responsibility of WhatsApp admin: disclaimer should be displayed
● Shopping online: use reputed websites, authenticity and legacy of the website should be checked
Types of cybercrimes: The training further explains the following type of cybercrimes and the legal security acts of IT act 2000 and Indian evidence act
The training tries to emphasize understanding the difference between the real world and the cyber world.
Property: cyber vandalism violation of intellectual property comes under cybercrimes (Intellectual property rights, trademark infringement)
Country: cyber terrorism, highest punishment for this crime is hanging till death
Different cyber-crimes: The training explains these crimes with real examples and videos.
● Cyber vandalism: damage to public/private property is done in real world the outside party takes the control of your digital property and will damage your property
Which can completely ruin your online reputation
● DOS attack: criminals will block the traffic to your website
● Distributed denial of service attack, it will ruin your business reputation e.g. Wikipedia website is prone to it
● Man in the middle attack case: hacker attacks the information of both parties (be careful with international clients)
● Ransomware is a malicious attack that uses software to attack your devices by clicking on a link, and you will only be able to access your device after paying a particular sum.
● Phishing attack: fake emails
● Malware attacks
● Identity theft / ATM frauds
● Reselling of phone:
● Other cybercrimes: Paytm frauds, Credit card, Nigerian frauds, FB frauds: dead person's account
Cyber security Threats while using social media:
● Cyber grooming
● Cyber pornography
● FB frauds-identity theft
Following are the reasons for threats to IT security:
We must understand these reasons and have IT security norms in place for our organization
● Natural disaster
● Human threats
● Inter human threats: dissatisfied employees, careless employees
● External Threats: preparators, competitors, hackers
Cyber Hygiene: As professionals, we must ensure that we follow the specific cyber hygiene norms. The training has content for the following points.
● Security defenses
● Secure online financial services/transactions
● System control audit
● Administrative control
● Information system control: input,processing,output,storage
● Procedures: documentation, authorization requirement
● Physical facility control
To have cyber hygiene in place it's important to have strong HR policies even for small businesses. The training focuses on these HR policies.
● Personnel security
● verification check of the employees
● verification check of temporary staff
● system of dismissed or resigned employees ISO 27000
● Training related to security policies and procedures for all the employees once a year
IT policies of the organization should include:
● Security awareness for employees, customers, and suppliers
● security policies and procedures: reasonable security practices IT
● Technical defenses
● Access, authorization, and authentication
● Antivirus and anti-phishing software
● Content filtering
● Firewalls and network defenses compliance
● The incident response team should be in place
● Internal audits
● Audit of ISO 27001:IT security audits and quality audits by government-approved agencies
Overall cyber hygiene
● Install antivirus and malware
● use firewalls for network security
● update security software regularly
● set unique passwords
● use multi-step authentication
● back up regularly
● keep your hard drive clean
● secure your router
● incident response team
● educate everyone
Cyber security posture: IT security policies for an organization should be in place. The aspect of Cyber insurance is further explained by Dr. Deepti in this section of the course.
The highlights of the training "Cyber Security For Professionals" are as follows. As professionals, we must work to educate ourselves, our families, our office team, our employees, our subordinates, and our seniors on IT security procedures that will help India defeat cyber-crime.
Covid-19 has necessitated that many businesses conduct investor meetings over Zoom, run marketing campaigns online and accept digital contactless payments. The time is now to move to fundraise online as well. As lockdowns became the new normal, firms and consumers started to "move digital," providing and purchasing more goods and services through the internet, increasing e-commerce's global retail trade from 14% in 2019 to around 17% in 2020.
Containment efforts introduced millions to the convenience of online buying and motivated seasoned online buyers to buy more, making the Indian e-commerce business one of the major winners of the pandemic.
Other courses by meResponsible Netizen, Digital Lockers - Miracle in Cyber World
Keeping your company safe from cyber crimes.
Turning employees into smart netizens.
Should be aware about How to access internet